loganmakesfaces

This Blog showcases my work in makeup artistry. Make up is my passion and my dream. Won't you join my adventures on the path to become a Professional Makeup Artist?

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baby I was Born This Way

March 8, 2011
"Just <3 yourself and you're set"
A day after my first video I was on a roll. I suppose the rush of finally starting a new channel got to me and I just wanted to make more and more videos! Though that is still what I want to do now, I try to keep it to one video per week. (Though even that plan is failing now.. grrr)

 If you watch my videos, you'll notice that I usually start each one with the Phrase "Hey guys, it's Logan again". This video and the first one are the only videos that I have on my makeup playlist that do not start off that way. Now, because this was only my second video, I didnt realize that I would have a "catch phrase" but I suppose I do now. In the first video I couldn't say "It's Logan again" because... it was my first video! Hence... I couldn't have said again! In this video.. I just yell... "GOOD MORNING PEOPLE OF THE WORLD!" haha I don't know what I was thinking.

I've been a fan of Lady Gaga. I mean what's not to like? she's creative, different, a costume genius. Her song Born This Way is just inspiring. Not to mention the makeup she wore in the music video was just as sweeeet. So of course I had to recreate it. There were already plenty of videos on YouTube with the tutorial on it but I didn't really care. It was a simple look and I just liked it so much that I filmed it anyway.

Here are pictures of her makeup

The eyeliner is so stunning and so simple. That's what drew me in to this look.
Of course I only did the eye makeup. (much like the previous Katy Perry video) I did not do the raised cheekbones or shoulder spikes. A year ago I didn't know too much about liquid latex or special effects, so I stuck to basic eye makeup. Obviously I'm still not well learned on special effects but I'm trying! 

Here is my version of Lady Gaga's Born This Way makeup
"I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes" 
 This is the tutorial

Still a little shaky and awkward. The editing in my videos won't get good till about 2012 :p

List of products used:
E.l.f. liquid liner in Black 
Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow duo in Tuxedo Junction (black)
Brandless liner Brush
White eyeshadow
Almay amazing eyeliner in Black
Revlon luxurious color pencil eyeliner in Black 
Lipfusion Microcollagen in Pink

Along with my tutorial, I had another video showing what I was wearing that day, an Outfit of the Day, more commonly known as as OOTD


Clothes I wore:
Pink and white striped off the shoulder top from Wet Seal
Black Denim Skinny jeans from Wet Seal
Black lace up combat boots from T.J.Maxx
Black leather jacket from Wet Seal
Betsy Johnson Betsyville crossbody purse from T.J. Maxx

random pictures

Click here for my YouTube Channel! :)


Love, SarahLogan <3





No comments:

Post a Comment